Anna and the King of Siam
Publisher: The John Day company in New York
- Leonowens, Anna Harriette, -- 1834-1914,
- Mongkut, -- King of Siam, -- 1804-1868,
- Thailand -- Social life and customs
|Statement||[by] Margaret Landon, illustrated by Margaret Ayer.|
|The Physical Object|
|Pagination||vi p., 1 l., 391 p.|
|Number of Pages||391|
- Taos resource management plan and environmental impact statement
- Transactions of the Royal Historical Society
- The Dred Scott case
- Ballades and verses vain
- Mele Oli
- first past the post?
- Appletons̕ hand-book of American travel
- Causes and effects of traffic accidents
- BMW (Suttons Photographic History of Transport)
- CUR PER AGE V 3 (Advances in Life Course Research)
- Molecular nutrition and genomics
- Turkish phrase book [by] Selçuk Selim and Jillian Norman.
- John C. Thompson.
- indefatigable Mr Allan
- Chaotic Modeling and Simulation
- This is Our Faith (School Program 2)
- Alexander, the Old Town mouse
- Students With Acquired Brain Injury
- history of the Robert Lyons I family (born 1809) and his wife Louisa Farnsworth (born 1814) and their descendants to the year 1974
- Navajo (Tribes of Native America)
Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon Download PDF EPUB FB2
Anna and the King was the most amazing book I have ever read so far. I was captivated by its story line and the surroundings. It was more than just a biography. It is a true story about an extremely brave English woman who changed the world of Siam (now called Thailand) and facilitated the improvement of its whole political system/5().
Margaret Landon (September 7, - December 4, ) was an American writer who became famous for Anna and the King of Siam, her novel of the life of Anna Leonowens. Her book on Leonowens was published in and became an instant bestseller/5.
Anna Leonowens, a proper Englishwoman, was an unlikley candidate to change the course of Siamese (Thai) history. A young widow and mother, her services were engaged in the 's by King Mongkut of Siam to help him communicate with foreign governments and be the tutor to his children and favored concubines/5(7).
Anna and the King of Siam (New Portway Reprints)(a first printing thus) Landon, Margaret (illustrated by margaret ayer) Published by s,uk (). Anna Leonowens Anna Leonowens is world famous as the governess in the court of Siam due to the popularity of the musical The King and I.
Many people believed that they were watching a true story. Not only regarding the antics of the king but also the importance of Anna in the court. A movie "Anna and the King of Siam", also based on the novel, arguably had less impact than the latter popular versions of Anna Leonowen's time in Thailand but was still part of the evolution of this work.
The novel by Margaret Landon was subtitled "The Famous True Story of a Splendid Wicked Oriental Court.". "Anna And The King Of Siam" is the original, non-musical, version of what was later re-made with Deborah Kerr and Yul Brenner as "The King And I".
This is one of the few Irene Dunne originals that is not better than the remake.7/10(K).